RockyMounts SwitchHitter Thru-Axle Fork Mount Rooftop Bike Rack, Black
The SwitchHitter is a lightweight, secure and extemely versatile fork-mounted bike carrier Not only does it fit all styles of crossbars out of the box (T-Track hardware included for slotted bars), it fits a huge variety of bikes. A variety of axles are included to fit road bikes or mountain bikes: 9mm QR bikes, and 12x100, 15x100, or Boost 15x110 thru-axle bikes. An integrated cable lock pulls out of the rear of the tray (lock cores not included, a 2-pack is recommended) to secure the bike to the rack, and a second lock core will lock the SwitchHitter to the roof rack crossbars. A low profile, cast aluminum head attached to an extruded aluminum wheel tray will provide years of hassle free service. The mounting straps are stainless steel and wrap around the crossbars for a streamlined look and fast installation. Fits Yakima round, Thule square, factory/aero, and slotted bars (with T-Track hardware) like RockyMounts Ouray, Thule AeroBlade, Yakima Whispbar, Yakima StreamLine, and Rhino Rack crossbars.
- Includes 12x100 axle, 15x100 axle, "Boost" 15x110 axle, and 9mm QR quick release.
- Forks equipped with carbon fiber dropouts or forks without safety tabs are not covered under warranty.
- This carrier is intended for SQUARE, ROUND, and SLOTTED crossbars (RockyMounts Ouray, Thule AeroBlade, Yakima Whispbar & Jet-Stream, Rhino Race Vortex, Audi, BMW, Mini, Porsche, WV, and Volvo). Use on other bars is not covered under our warranty.
- Minimum crossbar spread is 16" (41 cm], the maximum is 48" (122cm).
- Do not exceed the load capacity of your vehicle's roof rack.
- Bicycle weight limit: 35lbs (16kg) on factory crossbars, 45lbs (20kgs) on RockyMounts, Thule, Yakima, & Rhino Rack crossbars.
- Available in 5 colors: Black, Blue, Red, Silver, or White.
- Folds into a low profile when not in use.
- Backed by RockyMounts Limited Lifetime Warranty.