Yakima Brand - Ski and Snowboard Racks
- moreThe Yakima PowderHound car ski carrier has all of the features of the Big PowderHound ski carrier. If you only need a ski rack to carry 4 pairs of skis or a couple of snowboards then this is a great ski rack at a great price.
PowderHound Ski Carrier Specifications:
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Dimensions: Length: 22.5", Width: 2.75", Height: 4.25"
- Rubber pad length: 15.5"
- moreThe Yakima Big Powderhound carries up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards. It's easy to load or unload skis or snowboards for your winter ski adventure. To open, simply lift the bottom of, or push the top of the oversized button that has been designed to work with gloves on. This excellent car ski rack is compatible with Thule square and AeroBlade bars, Inno bars, RhinoRack Aero and Square bars, Yakima round bars and Whispbars, and most factory crossbars.
Design - The rubber pads of the Big Powderhound that grip your skis and snowboards automatically accommodates the various thickness of your skis or snowboards. When closing the carrier, you will hear a minimum one click and up to four clicks as the carrier adjust to the thickness of your gear. These clicks signal that the carrier has been closed properly.
Roof Rack Requirements - To safely carry your gear, Yakima recommends the following:
- For skis and boards under 67 inches, crossbar spread must be between 12 and 24 inches.
- For skis and boards over 67 inches, crossbar spread must be between 12 and 36 inches.
Security - The Big Powderhound includes Yakima SKS lock cores that lock the ski carrier closed. When the ski carrier is closed, access is blocked to the screws that secure the carrier to the rack cross-bar. So, the carrier is locked closed and locked to the rack.
Tall Bindings? - The Big Powderhound includes Skilifts that raise one side of each ski carrier by 3.5 inches. Installation is simple; Unscrew one end of the carrier from the cross-bar mount and install the skilift in between the cross-bar mount and the carrier body with the included nuts and bolts.
Big Powderhound Specifications -
- Capacity: 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards.
- Weight: 7.6 pounds.
- Overall dimensions of carrier: 30 x 2.75 x 4.25 inches (L x W x H).
- Length of rubber loading pad: 22.5 inches.
- - -